- Fumed oak looking wood.
- High gloss white lacquer with glass effect edge detail.
- Silestone worktops.
- Glass backsplash.
- Steel handles.
- An open plan room that had to incorporate kitchen, main dining, and family room with sofas, chairs and TV etc.
- The kitchen doesn’t dominate the space. We kept the design and content of the kitchen to a minimum considering the space available. This allowed for the rest of the space to work for dining and family room.
- The design incorporates the essential items required for a large family that likes to entertain and live day to day. Every bit of storage is used with large drawers and internal pullouts all adding to the ergonomics of the design.
- Extending the island over the units forms the simple breakfast bar bringing an added social zone to the kitchen, even though the main dining is not far away.
- Only the hob resides on the island as this is the main appliance used and keeps the cook in contact with family and friends in the rest of the space.
- Having the breakfast bar helps greatly with a young family keeping them close during homework and social times of the day whilst still working the kitchen.